Hola folks - This week had wide ranging things of interest. I hope you enjoy!
- Do you eat meat? Are you a vegetarian? Do you think about the impact of what you eat and how you eat on your health, your community, or the planet? This is a well-written and well thought out article on what it means to be a conscious carnivore.
- Two key members of House Lannister from Game of Thrones appeared on Sesame Street recently. Enjoy Peter Dinklage (singing!) and Lena Headey!
- Did you back Neal Stephenson's videogame kickstarter? It was all about creating a realistic motion capture sword fighting game. I'm a huge kickstarter participant and I remember looking at this. I thought to myself, I've been mad at Stephenson since he stopped writing good books, so I'm not going to back this project. Petty, really. Well, now I'm glad I didn't back it. Definitely a lesson in the pitfalls of kickstarter investing and in thinking about where you decide to put your money.
- Have you upgraded to iOS7? Do you know about the privacy settings that you need to enable STAT?
- Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are awesome. And their friendship is a thing to envy. Truly, these two are way up on my list of people I'd invite to a dinner party.
Enjoy these tidbits. I'll be back tomorrow with a review of Riddick!