Hola all – please enjoy some amusements I found online in the past week!
- Isn’t this cool?
- What you wish would happen on The Walking Dead
- Some Robert Downey, Jr. love.
- A pretty funny list of things that make no sense in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Yes, that’s apparently a thing that’s capitalized now.
- Winnie the Pooh as Darth Vader.
- Check out this sonic screwdriver case!
- Sean Astin, Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk and light sabers.
- Bruce Campbell and Nathan Fillion
- Goats singing the Game of Thrones theme. It’s wonderful.
- This is the creepiest thing I’ve seen all week. Watch the concert video.
- You heard Stephen Colbert will be taking over for David Letterman? Enjoy some of the amazing talent he brings to bear.
- I apparently missed Harrison Ford appearing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (before he took over The Tonight Show). Ford pierces Fallon’s ear. It’s pretty funny. I think it’s a pity Fallon didn’t keep the piercing.
- Funny or Die has created Creationist Cosmos.
Lastly, you know I’m a big fan of Tabletop, the Geek & Sundry web show hosted by Wil Wheaton on YouTube. They’ve decided to crowdsource the third season of the show over on Indiegogo. Check out the campaign and give if you can. If he can reach $1m, we will get a third season of Tabletop with 20 episodes AND a new spin-off show all about roleplaying games. THAT is something I really want to see!
Enjoy your week!Read More
Hola everyone! Hope you’re having a warm & relaxing MLK day today. Here’s some fun stuff I’ve seen online in the last couple of weeks:
- Tabletop was on Dork Tower!
- Awesome cat furniture. Seriously, if a truck of money hits me, I will be getting some of this!
- Important safety tips – if the nukes ever fall, here’s what to do.
- British actors as cartoon cats? Yes, please!
- Had you heard that Cosmos is being re-booted? With Neil deGrasse Tyson? Yeppers!
- A fantastic and fascinating stop motion horror film.
- The official Doctor Who numbering system, for those who have become confused after the recent events of the 50th anniversary episode.
- An AD&D Stats Quiz. Take it to find out your real life stats block.
We’re expecting snow here tonight, which would be a nice change from the relatively mild temperatures and lots of rain we’ve had so far this Winter. Have a good week and check back soon for more posts!Read More
Goodness, the month is flying by. I’m halfway through my wordcount for NaNoWriMo, which is great, but still about 6,000 words short of where I should be at this point. Distractions, distractions everywhere!
Here are some fun distractions I found on the internet this week:
- Pretty cool voice acting Batman vs. Superman!
- Sesame Street did a send-up of The Hunger Games? They sure did!
- Are you stoked about the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special on Saturday? Check out this awesome prequel minisode that leads into that episode!
- Someone used game theory to figure out how to win consistently on The Price Is Right. Some people have too much time on their hands.
- Steve Martin got an Oscar. Not at all sure why his award wasn’t awarded during the main ceremony. But he’s touching and hilarious and awesome in that way only Steve Martin can be.
- A short film written by Neil Gaiman about a girl who tries not to fly.
- And, sadly, the best thing I had to share with you has been removed due to copyright issues. Hal (Bryan Cranston) wakes up in bed next to Lois (Jane Kaczmarek) having had a nightmare about being Walter White. It was truly hilarious. The short will apparently be part of the “Complete Breaking Bad” DVD package. Here’s a full description of the short.
Hope you’re all having an excellent week!Read More
It’s been a fairly slow week this past week in terms of interesting Geek News, but I was able to find a few interesting tidbits.
- Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean talking about The Sandman? Yep!
- Neil Gaiman giving a talk about why reading is important. (Yes, I know there’s a lot of Gaiman love going on here.)
- Martin Freeman is adorable. See if you don’t agree with me after you look at these.
- Couples switching outfits. I love stuff like this.
- Captain America Winter Soldier Trailer! I am excited about this!
- You’ve seen Ylvis’ song What Does The Fox Say?, right? It’s quite the earworm.
- Now see what the wonderful folks on Sesame Street did with it. And then did again.
I hope you enjoy these!Read More
Goodness how the time has flown! Real life has kept me away from the site but I’m back with some fun things for you to check out on the Internet!
- Terry Pratchett has the best sense of humor.
- Self assembling robots? It’s neat… and kind of scary to think about.
- Did you watch Treehouse of Horror a couple of weeks ago? Guillermo Del Toro did the introduction and it was chock full of references. Here’s a handy guide to all of them.
- I am excited about the documentary called I Know That Voice!
- Check out the most extensive LEGO/Lord of the Rings creation ever. Someone has too much time on their hands.
- A recap of The Walking Dead, told by Ketchup with the Hot Dogs.
- Have you heard about the new comic based on Firefly?
- Check out this fantastic short set in the world of Bioshock Infinite, featuring Chris Hardwick and Chloe Dykstra!
- I love Tom Hiddleston. No, seriously.
- I’d always heard that Stephen King didn’t like Stanley Kubrick’s movie of his book The Shining. Here’s a good article explaining why clearly.
- Neil Gaiman on why reading, libraries and imagination are critical for our future.
- Flying cars? Really?
- Check out this Venom cosplay!
- The most amazing Swiss army knife ever made.
- What you’ve missed by not playing Portal and Portal 2.
- Finally, I know you’ve always wanted to Rick Roll someone. In Klingon.
I’ve got several more posts in the pipe for the upcoming week. There have been two Tabletop episodes (Shadows Over Camelot and Betrayal at House on the Hill) since I last posted. Also, I saw Wil Wheaton vs. Paul & Storm in Northern VA a couple of weeks ago. More on all of that soon!Read More
Hello all -
Here’s tidbits from the Internet that I’ve gathered over the last week. I hope you enjoy them.
- A great history of the character of Riddick. I have to admit, I wasn’t aware of the Shockwave comic or the Flash game, had forgotten about the Xbox and Xbox360 games and probably knew but ignored the novels. I still think Into Pitch Black is one of the scariest things I’ve ever seen.
- Bowling with the cast from the Cornetto Trilogy? Heck yes!
- The trailer for the next Avengers film (was shown at ComicCon) was finally released. Enjoy.
- Are you in the mood to smile? Jimmy Fallon & The Roots sing the theme from Sesame Street with the muppets.
- More smiling. Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake and #hashtags.
- Amazing schwarma chef.
- Robert Downey, Jr. is awesome. And has awesome toys.
- Constantine (Hellblazer) on NBC? It could be good… or horrific like that Keanu Reeves movie.
- An abandoned Wizard of Oz theme park? Oh, if I’d only had advance notice…
- This is what a Wonder Woman movie should look like.
- The new trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
I’ll be back Thursday with a link to the new episode of Tabletop!Read More