Hey all! Coming down to the wire on NaNoWriMo – I’ve got 5000 words to go and 6 days until the month is over. Keep your fingers crossed for me! In honor of the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who, here are the most amusing Doctor Who related things I’ve seen online in the past week:
- Anime Doctor Who. Simply hilarious.
- The Day of the Doctor deleted scene. I see why it was deleted.
- Doctor Who Christmas Special teaser. Neat!
- Classic Doctor Who actors try to join the special. This made me laugh a ton.
Goodness, the month is flying by. I’m halfway through my wordcount for NaNoWriMo, which is great, but still about 6,000 words short of where I should be at this point. Distractions, distractions everywhere!
Here are some fun distractions I found on the internet this week:
- Pretty cool voice acting Batman vs. Superman!
- Sesame Street did a send-up of The Hunger Games? They sure did!
- Are you stoked about the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special on Saturday? Check out this awesome prequel minisode that leads into that episode!
- Someone used game theory to figure out how to win consistently on The Price Is Right. Some people have too much time on their hands.
- Steve Martin got an Oscar. Not at all sure why his award wasn’t awarded during the main ceremony. But he’s touching and hilarious and awesome in that way only Steve Martin can be.
- A short film written by Neil Gaiman about a girl who tries not to fly.
- And, sadly, the best thing I had to share with you has been removed due to copyright issues. Hal (Bryan Cranston) wakes up in bed next to Lois (Jane Kaczmarek) having had a nightmare about being Walter White. It was truly hilarious. The short will apparently be part of the “Complete Breaking Bad” DVD package. Here’s a full description of the short.
Hope you’re all having an excellent week!Read More
Today’s episode features the game Takenoko, which I’ve heard of but have never played.
It looks like a really cute game and the folks in this episode have a great time playing it. I’ll definitely be picking this up for a future game night!
I love the animated panda, but not as much as the Owlbear from Lords of Waterdeep.
Hi folks! Time for the round-up of fun things I found on the Internet this week.
- Invisible Bike Helmets? Hell yes!
- Hey soup lovers, want a neat randomizer for recipes? Check this out!
- I thought the photography of these abandoned places was really gorgeous.
- Laurie Anderson’s farewell to Lou Reed from Rolling Stone made me cry.
- Yoko Ono? Yep, Yoko Ono!
- A beautiful animated self-portrait illustrating reincarnation.
- Have you heard about Honest Trailers? It’s a YouTube thing where they make brutally honest trailers for TV shows and movies. Check out their trailer for Star Trek: Into Darkness and then go check the rest of their offerings out. It’ll be time well spent.
- Morgan Freeman reads Ylvis’ “The Fox”. With DeNiro, Douglas and Klein also doing awful pop song readings.
- Thug Notes has reviewed Heart of Darkness. It’s awesome.
I’ve found a few entertaining things online in the last few days.
- How to de-seed a pomegranate in 10 seconds. This is neat!
- It reminded me of How to Peel a Head of Garlic in less than 10 seconds. If you haven’t seen this, watch it now!
- Anthony Hopkins wrote Bryan Cranston a fan letter about Breaking Bad. If I were an actor, this would definitely get framed and go on the wall.
- Are you seeing Thor this weekend? I know I am! If you don’t there may be spoilers in the November 19th episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Hey folks -
It’s been a while since I last promoted some Kickstarter projects to back. I’ve found a couple that I’m pretty excited about. I hope you’ll check them out too.
The first one is a Kickstarter seeking funding for the creation of an animated video for the upcoming fourth JoCo Cruise Crazy cruise. Disclaimer – it’s being run by an old friend of mine, who is fantastic and talented. Check out the three previous videos he’s done on his Kickstarter site. If you’re a fan of great animation, or Jonathan Coulton, or John Hodgman, or Paul & Storm, give this a look and back it!
The other one is a Kickstarter seeking funding for the creation of a short film based on the character of Storm from the Marvel X-Men universe. Storm is awesome. The premise of this short film sound really compelling. It seems to me that it could be as good a glimpse of Storm as the Wonder Woman short was that I linked to back on October 1. Check it out. Back it!
Hope you are having a good November. I’m crazy heads-down doing NaNoWriMo this month, so I wanted to blast a bunch of updates here before things get too old.